New 845e Feller Buncher
The next generation 845E and L845E track feller bunchers have been upgraded with the aim of increasing production capacity and improving operator comfort. Enhancements include a new operator’s cab, a larger main hydraulic pump and a longer reach ER boom system.
The cab has been redesigned to optimize ergonomics and reduce in-cab noise levels. Redesigned hinge geometry allows the front door to be closed with less effort. The new IQAN MD4 electronic control system interface includes an easy-to-use large colour touch screen for machine monitoring and function adjustment. The new skyVIEW and rearVIEW camera systems eliminate the need for a skylight while improving operator visibility.
ER boom technology
The 845E boom offers a longer 8,5 m (28 ft) reach and a tighter tuck for better performance in thinning applications. Tigercat’s unique energy-saving ER boom technology, along with the fuel-efficient N67 engine contributes to outstanding productivity and fuel efficiency.
The 845E model can be equipped with a range of Tigercat felling heads including a bunching saw or shear for smaller diameter timber, or the single post 5702 felling saw for larger trees and mixed diameter stands. The larger hydraulic pump on the E-series 845 provides additional power and quicker functioning of the clamp and accumulator arms to maximize productivity in smaller diameter timber. In addition, the 845E can be equipped with the 5185 fixed felling saw for felling, bucking and shovel logging high value and oversize timber.
L845e Feller Buncher
The L845E is an efficient, high performance mid-sized leveling feller buncher with limited tail-swing and outstanding service access. It is well suited to plantations and natural stands and excels in smaller diameter timber.
The 845E/L845E takes the popular 845 platform and adds all of the latest features found on the Tigercat track carrier models. It incorporates the updated cab as well as other improvements to increase productivity and operator comfort.
The cab has been redesigned to optimize ergonomics and improve sound reduction. Redesigned hinge geometry allows the front door to be closed with less effort. The IQAN MD4 electronic control system interface includes an easy to use colour touch screen for machine monitoring and function adjustment. The new skyVIEW and rearVIEW camera systems eliminate the need for a skylight.
The ER® boom system is highly productive in small stem accumulating applications, where multiple boom cycles are required for each swing cycle. Ever versatile, the 845E feller buncher also has the power and stability to handle larger timber.
The durable design and construction starts with the Tigercat-built forest duty undercarriage and large diameter swing bearing. The upper assembly is built on a thick, one-piece turntable. All weldments are fabricated from high quality steel to resist impact.
The clamshell style retracting roof enclosure provides excellent access to the engine house. A swing-out door on the right side of the machine allows the operator to easily access daily engine service points. The hydraulic pumps are separated from the engine enclosure and easily accessed.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The 845E track feller buncher is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. Tier 4f conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. With the Tier 2 engine configuration, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world.
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Tight tuck ER® boom system with quick cycle times for high productivity in small diameter timber
- ER on/off switch to increase increase stick boom out force when required
- Dedicated pumps for both saw and clamp arms for lightning fast cycles and saw recovery
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Large air intake area at the rear, away from saw discharge, for reduced debris build-up
- Heavy duty Tigercat-built F8 forestry undercarriage – excellent stability, ground clearance and tractive effort
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat