In line with new data protection regulations coming into effect 25 May 2018, and other similar regulations, the following explains how we collect and hold your personal information:
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you complete the necessary registration process requesting to receive any of the following:
- a printed and/or digital copy of International Forest Industries Magazine
- information relating to International Forest Industries Events or
- other selected industry related third party information.
When registering on the site you may be asked to enter your name, position, business address and email details. Other information pertaining to your working environment will also be asked for.
We will also collect payment information that you provide to us when you purchase some of our products and services, including credit card data and banking details to enable us to fulfil your request.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To understand your areas of interest to help improve our website and the magazine content (we continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To send periodic e-mails, either via an e-blast or e-newsletter from ourselves or trusted and relevant third parties.
- To process transactions.
- To display non-identifiable photographs of news items and International Forest Industries events on our website and in our magazine.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purposes of delivering the product or service requested by you.
How to unsubscribe
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each bulk email, or you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices on +44 (0)1442 877583 to unsubscribe or update your contact information at any time.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating this website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our sites policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety.
How long do we hold your information?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
Here are the types of cookies we use on our websites, and the purposes for which they are used:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use its features, including accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, any services on our websites you wish to access cannot be provided.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our websites. This can be anything like which pages you visit most often, and whether you receive an error messages from web pages. We use data from these cookies to help test designs and to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained on your visit to our website. We also use third-party web analytics software on our websites (such as Google Analytics).
- Social media extensions. Although we enable these tools to be displayed on our websites so that you may, if you wish. interact with them, if you choose to do so, they are not within our control. Please refer to the relevant third party privacy policies for how these functionalities work.
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAcceptedCloudflare||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||'_ga','_gat','_gid'||Used to see how our website users navigate the site|
|'IDE','test_cookie'||Used by Google to deliver video content from YouTube|
|YouTube||'GPS','PREF','VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE','YSC','remote_sid','nextId','requests'||Used by YouTube to deliver content & video on the website|
|Cloudflare||'_cfduid'||Used by the website as a content delivery network (CDN) to deliver the content across a the internet evenly and protect against DDOS attacks|
|Joomag||'__csrf_token','lang','PHP_JOOMAG_SESSION','intercom-id-[reference]','iTracker360','__cfduid','_gid','_ga','mp_[reference]_mixpanel'||Used by the website to deliver an online magazine interface|
|Jotform||'__cfduid','guest','jcm','jcmc','theme','userReferer','JOTFORM_SESSION','_gid','_ga'||Used by the website to provide interactive forms functions|
For any further information regarding GDPR click here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en